Sunday, August 3, 2008

It is the Third Day of August!!

Well, it is the Third Day of August and I have been meaning to set up a blog for a long time. Many of my friends at www.thirdday.com/boards have blogs and I find them so cool. They inspired me to start a blog and share thoughts and feelings stories about life, God, and my family. I went to set this blog up and got lost and tired in the process, went to sleep and forgot where I put it. As JanetRN was just filling me in on the Third Day blogging contest (http://www.thirdday.com/markblog.htm)for prizes and this is the Third Day of August, I came back to start a blog, only to find out that my title Orange Suede Shoes was taken!

Here is the meaning behind my beautiful blog title. I, Christy, am from Memphis, and have landed her e in the Sunshine State of Florida, where my favorite band is Third Day. If you are a big fan of Third Day, you are a Gomer. Like every team, you have to have a color and that color is Orange. We have many oranges here in the sunshine state (need I explain that part?) and well, most everyone has heard of Elvis and his Blue Suede Shoes so there you go.

I would like to include that the new CD Revelation came out in stores on Tuesday. If you didn't get a chance to get that heck of a deal that Lifeway was offering, I promise you it will be well worth whatever you pay! My favorite song is Otherside. I am still perfecting how to get the scream in at just the right place in the beginning. I will not easily tire of the single playing on radio right now, Call my name. Third Day got to preform that on the Jay Leno show, July 29th. Yes, that was the day of the 5.4 earthquake. Perhaps they should have put "Shake" on the cd after all. That is ok, I will still consider it perfection regardless. This one will be on my favorite CD list for awhile.

When is the next show for me? August 30th, Wild Adventures. Taking the girls and hoping for Third Day to bring down the house. Sky Falls Down would be an awesome one to do that with. We have a little Gomer petition going!

I look forward to blogging more in the future. I have even started thinking in blogging lately! Thanks to all the bloggers for the inspiration to document God's presence in my life and all the Blessings that go with it.

PS. This site is under construction. I am a little slow in the figuring out process so bear with me for the cosmetics!

Christy

No comments: